The Chaos That Is Cairo


Advertisement
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
February 17th 2016
Published: February 22nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

After a good night’s sleep, I met the Binkleys downstairs for breakfast. The buffet was elaborate with multicultural influences, more fruit and pastries than imaginable as well as a honeycomb station. I took some of the smoked salmon to the omelet cook and had him do scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and red onion. He surprised me when he lined a ring mold with the salmon, filled it with the egg... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




22nd February 2016

In the kitchen
Hi B! Glad to hear that you are having a fantastic trip thus far! The pictures and descriptions are awesome as usual. From reading the last two blogs I can just picture you in the kitchen preparing a meal for the Chef in the next edition. LOL Have fun and be safe. Pass my regards along to the Binkley's as well.
22nd February 2016

Another Reason to Go
As if the pyramids weren't reason enough for wanting to go to Cairo, now you tell me the food is amazing as well?! What are we waiting for?
23rd February 2016

Pack Your Bags
Thank you very much for such nice comments. Pack your bags and head on over to Egypt. This country has been amazing.
22nd February 2016
Oh Yeah

Quintessential Egypt
Stunning! The way the pyramids seem to appear out of the haze in the background gives it even more power. Great photo!
22nd February 2016
Cheesey Sphinx Shot

Sphinxy needs a nose job :)
23rd February 2016
Cheesey Sphinx Shot

Nose Job Would Be Good
He does look a little short in the nose. I'm glad you could feel the excitement. This has been a great trip. And your comment about the poor boy's head versus my camera made me laugh. We think very alike.
22nd February 2016

Loved this blog
I could feel your excitement, and wished I was there to see the pyramids too! But I was grateful that I wasn't with you when you were stuck behind the smelly one. Is it bad that my first reaction was to worry about the health of your camera and not the poor boy's head? :)
22nd February 2016
Feeling the Love

A Perfect Day!
Unforgettable adventure sandwiched between incredible meals--well-done! Good for you for climbing inside the pyramid--a great memory and even the bad parts made for a fine story. Loved that you guys had your photos taken on horses and camels at the pyramids. I have this camel one of my great aunt and uncle--she with her pillbox hat, skirt and white gloves and he in a suit and tie. Glad the times have changed. As usual, your foodie photos and descriptions are salivating! What might the third day hold?
23rd February 2016
Feeling the Love

I'm glad I am not wearing a suit. Or a pillbox hat for that matter. Thank you for following along on this Tara.
23rd February 2016

Lovely to see you 3 together!
That's really nice , you 3 in Cairo! Good thing you made it on time, Brendan. I would have tripped running the way you did to make that connecting flight. But all's well. Love that sphinx shot and you had me drooling over that feast you had. Enjoy!
23rd February 2016

Thank you Liliram. I am still not sure how I made that connection. Glad I did, as this trip has been amazing.
23rd February 2016

Special friends and travel companion
The thing about retribution is you never know....when. Love your humor and glad to be traveling with Travel Brendan. Great blog...and can't wait to hear what you do next. Sounds like you are having a great trip.
24th February 2016

Very special friends and travel companions
I knew we would be great travel companions. Will keep my eyes open for the retribution, but I feel pretty secure right now. Can't wait for the next part of this trip.
24th February 2016

What a feast.
Both the food and the scenery are a feast for ones eyes,Brendan. I love the pics of the pyramids ... I haven't been and I know they are up close the city and other buildings ... So,it's great to see them in this isolated perspective . Lynne
24th February 2016

It truly was a feast
I am so glad that you are following this trip with me Lynne. It has been fun seeing such ancient sights while trying to capture the majesty of them.
24th February 2016

COOKIES
1st of all, why aren't you wearing a hat to protect your skin?! You look like you're having a great time, I'm very jealous....Come home now & make me some cookies! haha! Or whatever it is you've had out there so I can pretend I was there too...we can start with your pretty breakfast & end with the cheesy pastry yum yum...
25th February 2016

The chef is out and about
I love reading about your food adventures...very jealous...my favorite picture would have to be you and the Sphinx... He has nothing on you! Btw..you painted a lovely picture of you running though the airport! Enjoy the rest of your trip! -Cam
2nd March 2016

Love the cheesy sphinx shot! What a great adventure today was.

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 17; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb