Food, Relax... Taxi for 13


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
April 30th 2007
Published: April 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I met up with Hoda later that night and she took me to an Egyptian restuarant called Korsoree and had really good kabab of chicken and lamb. The rice was really good as well as it been cooked with cardamon giving a little sweet flavor. We talked about Egypt how she wanted to visit Italy and that she likes living in Egypt but at the same time it's hard to travel since the common Egyptian in the government sector makes about 15 egyptian pounds a day, and the professional worker around 40. It's 5.68 pounds to a US dollar so you do the math... Equals not all that much. We walked around for a bit and then she caught a taxi for she lives about an hour north from the area.

Next morning i woke late (9 a.m.) and headed it for my pita breakfast (i'm addicted to them, it's the pastry dough layered pita with garlic, tomatoe, peppers, and onion cooked in a oven). Then took one of those crazy VW buses i was mentioning earlier. I hopped on one that had only 3 people at the moment but 2 blocks into it swelled to 13!!! The driver makes it 14. It was nuts, i know it was 14 because i counted and just gave a small chuckle as it was the closed to being a sardine can on wheels. I can smell that playboy fragrance on some of the guys... God, it smells bad, i should know since i had it the previous day...

It stopped in Downtown Giza where there are just shops and restaraunts as far as i can see. So, got lost just roaming throught it all and had plenty of small food items which some were really good, and some well 2 bites and yeah, where is the trash...

After about 3 hours of roaming i headed back to the hotel and found a cafe next door where i had some egyptian tea and some smoke again (banana flavored). It was fun since it was on the sidewalk so i got to relax and people watch down this heavy ridden highway. Talked to the waiter for awhile, his name was Tito and he entertained me talking about egypt, partying, and wanted to know about the states.

Finally, got ready headed off at 7 to the Nile boat cruise. It was a full boat but it was neat sat next to a newly married couple that live in Athens, Greece. So, i talked them for a bit and would offer me hospitality but weren't returning to Greece until the day i left, damn!!! The food was really good, and the belly dancer was very cute and had pulled me up to dance with her on the stage. I was pretty sober so it was a little nerve wracking. If i had some more drinks maybe i would have cranked out the Roger Rabbit or Running Man... After that called it a night...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb