Cairo


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Cairo
April 7th 2007
Published: April 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0



Untitled This morning we got up at 6:45am and left the hotel at 8am. Our first stop was the Step Pyramid of Djoser. There was a lot of wind and sand was being blown everywhere. Next we visited the Mosque of Sultan Hassan where we had a discussion about Islam and got to hear the beginning of the noon prayer. Next, we went to the Mosque of Mohammed Ali. We had lunch and then got back to the hotel around 3pm. I went to sit by the pool and read, but ended up sitting with Maurice, Mary, Assem, Kara, Ro, Erin, Shaz and Alicia. I did end up going in the pool - they were saying it was cold, but it really wasn't bad. We had to be ready to go to the sound and light show at 5:30pm. It was still really windy, so it was cold. The show was unimpressive and several of us left halfway through and went shopping. I was happy b/c I managed to get Chris's present. We made it back to the hotel just in time to change quickly and meet for the farewell dinner at 8pm. We gave Assem his card and read our recently created "superlatives". After dinner most of us went back to our rooms to pack. I packed quickly and then went up to the pool. We had hoped to meet up w/ the new Contiki group, but they weren't around. We had a few last drinks together and thn headed off to bed since most of us had to get up REALLY early to be taken to the airport.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb