Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Photos from Chaiya
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Chaiya
Latest Blogs from Chaiya
- March 4th 2009 Silent No More
by Words: 1655 Photos: 6
- February 28th 2009 Enjoy the Silence-Wat Suan Mokk 10 Day Meditation Retreat
by Words: 256 Photos: 0
- February 1st 2009 Meditation Retreat
by Words: 694 Photos: 8
- November 11th 2008 Meditation Madness!
by Words: 2826 Photos: 0
- January 25th 2008 PREMATURE COMEDOWN !!!
by Words: 450 Photos: 7
- February 1st 2007 Ao Nang
by Words: 916 Photos: 17
- November 9th 2006 Thailand i'm Here!!!!!!!!
by Words: 972 Photos: 9
- September 16th 2006 Night on the train
by Words: 228 Photos: 1
- August 12th 2006 Breathing in long... breathing out long...
by Words: 2416 Photos: 0
- April 11th 2006 My last night in Thailand and Bangkok
by Words: 1169 Photos: 16
- April 6th 2006 Meditation 2
by Words: 2458 Photos: 9
- April 1st 2006 Meditation 1
by Words: 3139 Photos: 10
- December 11th 2005 Buddha Pillows and Dukkha
by Words: 5322 Photos: 14
- November 11th 2005 Long days and hardsleep nights at Suan Mokkh Retreat Center
by Words: 837 Photos: 0