Dear travellers who have been to St. Petersburg, would you mind answering a couple questions about your trip. It would be a huge help for my masters paper.
Here are the questions:
A. Which of the following phrases best describes your trip to St. Petersburg?
1. My main goal was to get some rest. I didn’t really care about the place.
2. I wanted a change of scenery.
3. I wanted to enjoy the beautiful architecture and art that you can find here.
4. I wanted to learn more about how Russians live.
5. I had already known a lot about the local culture, and I wanted to take part in it.
B. If you come back to St. Petersburg again, what would you like to learn more about here?
C. If you come back to St. Petersburg, is there any kind of tradition or event you would like to take part in?
Thank you so much!
I see the question is 9 months old but maybe I am not too late.
In 2004 I worked in Moscow for several months on a contract Basis and one week-end I travelled by Train to St. Pete. I stayed in a nice Hotel Close to the Center of town and visited the Eremitage, Peter and Paul fortress, St Isaacs ceathedral and made a boat trip to Petergof Palace. On the way back to Moscow I had a nice Chat with a russian Lady.
I would answer your question like this:
A: 3. The architecture and the art were my most importent Things to see.
B: I rarely visit cities twice as there are so many cities I have not yet seen at all. If I woul come back I would try to see the Aurora cruiser for which I did not have time left in 2004.
C: When I visit places I normally don't take part in traditions or Events.