Morro de Sao Paulo


Advertisement
South America
July 31st 2006
Published: July 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sandy Streets of MorroSandy Streets of MorroSandy Streets of Morro

Outside of our Pousada
OLA!

Well we´ve finally moved on from Morro de Sao Paulo, where we spent 8 nights, having really taken to the island and their laid back ways! We got from Salvador to Morro by catameran, which was one big sick fest - but we seemingly had steel stomaches! Was not enjoyable in the least though.

Morro has a really great vibe, really life is centered around the beach, which in certainly not a bad thing, along with Brazil´s usual love for music and part-ays!
The island is gorgeous, the beach never seems to end, carrying on into the small sandy streets (see photos), which are laiden with bars, restaurants and Pousadas (Brazilian hostel/hotel type places). We stayed on in the same Pousada having struck a deal with the owner to let the room to us for only R$35 - absolute bargain - approx. 8 pounds 75 pence a night with massive breakfast and views on to the town and surrounding nightlife.

Activiy wise, as I said, the beach seems to be the main attraction, and is one of nicest in Brazil - however, we still found time to visit the lighthouse, the 18th century Fort and to take
Main BeachMain BeachMain Beach

The Second Beach (of four) - where we spent most of our time!
a boat tour of the island - stopping off at Boipeba and Cairu - the former being a gorgeous beach resort - the latter one the original Portuaguese settlements (I think!).
The boat trip was pretty rough, on what seemed to be an oversized dingy, but was worth it to discover other parts of the island. We traveled through the Mangroves of the island too, which are trees that grow in the salt water - realy felt like you were in the Amazon for a while.

Food wise, we took a liking to a cheap restaurant across from our hotel which served special "promotion" meals - meals on the beach were nice, but cost that little bit more. We tried to stay clear of the beach for dinner in the end, having met a waiter called Alex who seemed a little....strange...and begged us to come to his Restaurants parties....wierdo. Plus the fact that he well overcharged us for our meal at his restaurant!

Anyway, so far so good, we were pretty sad to leave the island, which is a small paradise in Brazil, and had the most amazing sunsets. Took the catamaran back to Salvador, and from Salvador a bus trip to Praia do Forte, which is an eco-resort which centres life around Turtles - Nice!

On Tuesday we are flying out to Iguazu - so we will update you after then, which will pretty much be the end of our tour of Brazil!

Love to everyone.

Paul and Susie
xxxx

p.s. Cheese on a stick!! On the beach! Cheese on a stick! See photos.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Sunset by FortSunset by Fort
Sunset by Fort

Is this not the best photo you have ever seen? I think it is!
Natural PoolsNatural Pools
Natural Pools

Natural pools that we visited on our boat trip, close to Boipeba.


1st August 2006

cheese
wow...this cheese is wonderful...

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb