Cuzco


Advertisement
South America
January 24th 2010
Published: February 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On our way to Cuzco we had a little problem with the roads. One of the roads was completely covered by a river. There was a huge mud slide created by all the rains in the last couple of days. We had to stop and wait, along with 50 other busses and cars. It took about six hours for the workers to clear the road. They only had one small machine and they redirected the whole river. I don’t know how they did it. During our wait Eric and I received over 70 bug bites each on our legs that were painful and itchy for the next week or so. It wasn’t so bad though because during our wait we met a lot of other travellers.
In Cuzco we first tried to find any tour that went to Macchu Picchu. Even though we missed our trail date we still wanted to see the ruins. We booked a two day tour for the next day. We spent the rest of the first day going to all the museums and getting to know the city. The next day we were woken up bright and early by our tour agent telling us that there have been intense mud slides in Macchu Picchu. Once again out trip as been cancelled. We had to wait at least one more day. We decided to not waste the day so we took a tour of the Sacred Valley. This tour took is to all the different Inca ruins outside of the city. We also learned how the people make the clothing from alpaca and how they get all the different dyes for the clothing. We went back to the city only to find more rain and more mud slides. Macchu Picchu was going to be closed for much longer now. We decided to continue with our travels and not let this bring us down.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb