Titicaca


Advertisement
South America
November 18th 2009
Published: November 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wow, so, ok, it´s been a few days since i´ve found a computer that doesn´t crash when you hit the enter button. It´s been a great weekend, we took that overnight bus to Araquipa, a really nice city, friendly people, very clean, lots to see, but ultimately, our main goal was to find a good company to take us on a Colca canyon trek. It worked out perfectly, and we were set for a 3:30 am pick up the next day.

The colca canyon was absolutely fabulous, it would be hard to describe in words the beauty of it. There was a little bit of adjusting to the altitude (5000 meters), but our trek actually took us to the bottom of the canyon a couple thousand meters below. The first night we stayed in a little village at the confluence of two rivers, where there was a riverside hot tub of piped in hot spring water where we watched the sunset while trout were being caught for our dinner. The next day after a rather arduous hike across the north side of the canyone we came to a place known as the ´Oasis´.

This little green spot in the canyon would be an international destination of the rich and famous if it wasn´t so damn hard to get to. I´ll have to post some photos of it to give some sense of how glorious it was.

Last night, was my 31st birthday (youch), gatherred a large group of travellers, mostly from the canyon trek, together for a drinkfest. Woke up this morning still a bit intoxicated me thinks after a night a the peruvian equivalent of the Coyote Ugly.

I´m now in Puno on the shore of Lake Titicaca. Tomorrow mornign we´re up bright and early again to take a boat to the islands and explore the splendor of the worlds highest populated lake. It´s been raining all night and i´m hoping, really hoping it doesn´t continue into tomorrow.

But for now, adios, just wanted to get something down here before this damn computer crashes again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb