Pucon and Future Plans


Advertisement
South America
October 2nd 2009
Published: October 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So, we are currently in Pucon, which was about a 10 hour night bus south of Santiago. It is a nice small town, the whole town is pretty much one main street with a few off shoots with a couple shops here and there. Yesterday, we got up at 5am and climbed to the top of Volcano Villaricca and then snowboarded down, of course we forgot the camera, but we were with an israeli father and son, who made it about half way and took pictures for us, but ofcourse we forgot to get their e'mail, hopefully we will see them around town before we leave. After that in the night, we went to the hot springs heated by the volcano and it was extremely relaxing.

While climbing the vast volcano, we got to thinking. Currently, we are planning to go to brazil twice and do cusco in between. We are going to look at a map in a little bit here and see how feasable it would be to skip the first leg of brazil and head north through chile and then into Bolivia, because we have heard so many good things from so many travelers we have met about Bolvia, along with Kens reccommendation ofcourse. Anyway, its about a 25 hour bus ride from Santiago to San Pedro de Atacama, which is world renowned for the skies and people from all over come to see the milky way galaxy. We love space and are looking for any excuse to do this. We were talking to these 2 german girls and they said they did san pedro and were able to take a bus very easily to get into southern bolivia in the desert. From there we would just continue north and get into the jungle and then head through lake titicaca and finally hit up cusco. I have talked to heather, and they really want to do Bolivia too, so we might be able to meet them there.

I have currently started reading the motorcycle diaries, which our hostal in pucon had lying around. Its about Che Guevera and his travel partner making their way from argentina up north. Right now in the book they are in Valipriso in Chile. Which has just led to more inspiration to see more of this beautiful continent while we can. I know it kind of throws things in a loop and may worry the momĀ“s and on that note, I VERY much apologize for not calling. We are ABSOLUTELY calling today, just so many things have been coming up it has been hard to not be busy. We know you worry, and want to hear our voices. We are doing very well and will talk to you soon

Moving on, I wanted to post our ideas so anyone who has any desire can comment or ask questions or help us with any information. We still have to look at a map and see the bolivia part, but as of now, it sounds so much more ideal then going to brazil twice. It allows us to see more of this world and get to places we otherwise wouldnt make it to. Again, we know you worry about going with the moment, but we are in south america, and its almost hard to pass up such an opportunity.

Much Love, Talk to you soon

-Justin and Kyle

PS Please ask questions or comment, the sooner the better. We will be on the computer at least one more time today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb