Cusco


Advertisement
South America
September 17th 2009
Published: September 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

ok so i havent written in a while. Internet has sucked for the last week so have a bit to catch up on. We met an auzzie guy named dan in Ica who caught the bus with us down to nazca where we flew over the nazca lines. Andy and I thought it was heaps of fun.. as for kent he felt rather ill and missed most of the flight. after that we went to a place in the middle of nowhere in the desert and saw some tombs and mummies and skeleton etc. Not really much else to do there so we were glad we didnt have to spend the night there. We then caught a bus at 1030h for an overnight trip down to Arequipa. Before we caught the bus we met 2 swiss air hostesses who decided they wanted to travel with us also. We stayed one night in a hostel and then the next day we caught another bus to Chivay where we went to the hot pools at night and in the morning went on a tour of the culca canyon to see the condors.... i have HEAPS of photos of that so you can all see them. After reaching 4910m above sea level and got rather sick but it turned out to be a stomach infection so after an injection of antibiotics and a few days rest he seems to be doing well. After another night in Arequipa we caught yet another bus... getting rather sick of buses... to puno with the swiss girls still in tow where we did an overnight trip of lake titikaka. We got to have a tour of the floating islands and then went out another 3 hours to a lodge on an island in the middle of the lake where we stayed the night... and i got sick.. i think it was the trout, it onlu lasted a day so im all good now. We relaxed and caught up on some much needed r and r. Went bakc to puno the next morning on a little shanty boat with some of the locals.. we think we got some carbon monoxide poisoning from all the fumes haha. We then did a bit of shopping at the markets which was fun, i think we were having a little competition with each other to see who could get the best deals.. so far its fairly even. We then .. with swiss girls still hanging roun.. caught the andean explorer train to cusco. I never thought 10 hours on a train would be so cool but we met heaps of people and had a great time sitting in the first class cabin. A bit of luxury definitely didnt go astray. And so here we are in cuzco, its been one night in one hostel and now we are at another as we bolloxed up our dates for maccu piccu but its all working out, and to top it all off while i write this the bar is playing meat loafs bat outta hell.


Advertisement



18th September 2009

Meatloaf
Keep that in mind, darling, it is a month tomorrow and Michelle has sent me some red and white roses which arrived today. Love you.
19th September 2009

irony
its quiote funny actually, the name of our room at the hostel is called harley.... had a little chuckle to myself over that one :) love you!!

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb