Time for stormy weather


Advertisement
South America
February 24th 2006
Published: February 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Not all sun & cerveza today - storms arrived yesterday and stayed for the night (and most of today). We ventured out for some eats last night after the asado we were promised in the hostel was washed out :-(

Got up today feeling slightly groggy but we headed out anyway to get our flights sorted out for the next part of this big adventure.

The local travel agency had said that we could get flights only as far as Puerto Madryn, about half way to Tuerra del Fuego, so we went for it. Unfortunately, when we got the tickets back it turns out that they were for Trelew, a town one hour from Puerto Madryn, and full of Welsh people...it´s not that I have an issue with Welsh people, but we expected a town filled with penguins and whales who had decided to stay for the winter - no such luck. We´ll have to make do with leek soup and bitter rugby fans, I guess. No matter.

Had a lovely walk today along the waterfront at Puerta Madera here in the city - they´ve gutted a load of old dockside warehouses and made them into restaurants and trendy shops. All very nice, but I´m sure much better if the weather were nicer than that we had today.

Bought my first umbrella of the trip today (presuming I´ll lose it and it won´t be the last) - 2 quid wasn´t too bad, I thought, but my Scottish companion thought I was ripped off...typical.

Jens and the German contingent arrive from Berlin tomorrow, provided they survive the changeover at Madrid Barajas airport at midnight. Haven´t seen him since the school disco night in Kilburn (don´t ask), so should be great.

Might even go along to a footy match over the weekend, though none of the big teams (Boca, River) are playing at home so it´ll be less than the colourful affair we´d have preferred).

Anyhow - off for some food now with some folk from the hostel...more meat.



Advertisement



27th February 2006

photos please
Luke, as Jude and Aoife cannot visualize where you are by descriptions only...get your arse in gear and post some photos!!! Also if you can, postcards from all stops would go down well with Jude. We haven't texted you as we fear the cost!! Stay safe xx
27th February 2006

hola!
can't quite believe that you havn't cracked yet under the pressure of no blackberry but stranger things have happened. in case you didn't know scotland beat england in the rugby on saturday! yes it shocked us too. think you might be turned vegetarian yet.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb