July 6th


Advertisement
South America
July 29th 2009
Published: July 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I received a blessing in my dreams last night. "What I want in my heart I want because I was born that way, becuase that is who I am. Follow your true desires because they are God-given." I woke up with that resounding in my head. It was pretty awesome. If you haven´t read The Alchmist, do so. It´s amazing.

Notes on the meeting we went to today-
Participatory Action Research- a way to facilitate building community awarness and change. How to make, say, health education a community driven process.
How to use PAR to facilitate environmental action in the US and Canada, to promote individula awareness adn action that will make the difference, encourage the end of the lethargy that is crippling efforts to move forward? Instead of telling them what is wrong, what the problem is, in terms of abstract issues adn global warming, how to bring that realization around through group interaction?
World Vision NGO meeting
El Ciclo de aprendzajo
Experiencia to Reflexion to Analisis to Modificar to Aplicar and back around.
You have to establish a sense of trust , comfort, and connection before you ask ppl to speak about really important, personal things, adn it is from personal experience that initiative to act comes.
Handing out disposable cameras..
Organizations have a responibility for the change that their actions cause in the communities that they work in.
Information gathered from teh community pertains to them adn their inclusion in teh discussions and analysis of this info is critical.
It is important to allow the community´s voice to drive the process of change. Interpretation of material gathered must be froup work to avoid personal wishes adn vision to make it too...focused? Something like that.
The ultimate goal of an NGO should be to become superfluous in the communities that they work in.

Notes above are form the meeting that we had today, one with Patricia, and the second with World Vision, a NGO that is working in the area. It was a long meeting, and I didn´t follow everything that was said, but I did come to some cool conclusions about NGOs and stuff.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb