The mighty Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
South America
August 17th 2007
Published: August 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well the aquarian, water bearer and water lover in me has finally been satisfied thanks to the sight of Iguazu Falls.

Always on the hunt for the most glorious, biggest, loudest, highest waterfall, I now feel as though i have witnessed it all and any future waterfall viewing will pale in comparison to the awesome experience Sezza and I have just had the pleasure of embracing.

Located near the borders of Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay, Iguazu Falls is a MASSIVE tourist destination thanks to the collection of over 200 separate waterfalls that thunder down various mountains in the Iguazu National Park.

On day one of our adventure we traversed almost the entire park, skipping along nearly all the winding pathways to see, hear and feel the falls from as many different angles as we possibly could. The first stop was the impressive Devils Throat where an unimaginable amount of water surges over a cliff face and plummets down to the canyon below. Photos do not do this part of the falls justice so Sarah and I thought it appropriate to take a little video too! It was soooo loud and crazy and we felt extremely excited and even a little high just being there! It was such an amazing site we couldn't believe it was actually real.

The rest of the day was spent walking around and admiring the falls from different perspectives. We took a boat over to an island where an impressive lookout brought us up close and personal to one of the falls. Hence, on our way back down we looked like hypo drowned rats due to the excessive spray from the falls that splashed our faces!

On the next day, we embarked on a boat ride of a different kind. I would have to say it was the most exciting boat trip i have taken in my whole life! The day was freezing cold and Gleeso and I were starting to have second thoughts about our decision to jump in a boat and be driven to the bottom of the falls and then, under them. As we got closer, however, the adrenaline started pumping and we forgot all about the temperature, instead started screaming F*#K! as we saw this huge wall of water come pounding down above our heads. Being up sooo close to such a massive waterfall was an incredible experience and although we were soaking wet and freezing our arses off, we would do it again in a second!

While in Puerto Iguazu (the trippy little Argentinian town we stayed in) we also hooked up with some of our friends from BA and Monty and partied the nights away. We also made some fabulous new acquaintances and basically had a hell of a time. A big hello to Laura, Lizzie, Kasey, Edu, Sebastian, Catarina and Gabriel.

So if anyone is coming anywhere near Argentina or Brazil, you are absolutely CRAZY if you don't go to Iguazu Falls.

Many radical photos to come once we get on a decent computer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.037s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb