Day 102 - With the Rainy Season Comes... Rain


Advertisement
Published: July 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We awoke to a mixture of sun and cloud, but by the time we returned from the bakery (with our dry bread for breakfast and lunch, an attempt to reign in the spending after an expensive time in Caracas!) and had wandered up the 50m stretch of beach, it was fully overcast. Despite this it was still warm enough to lie on the beach in a bikini (speaking only for myself of course) and we did so until the first drops of rain at lunch. The afternoon was spent on the beach, but under the cover of the hostel's outdoor restaurant, reading and watching the rain and occasional catch of the fishermen being filleted on the beach and brought to our restaurant.

In the evening, before tucking into fresh fish and fried calamares, we met the only other gringoes here - a Swedish couple Sonja and Fredrick. They had started in Rio and made their way up the Brazilian coast, arriving here from Angel Falls. We had a good chat over diner and a few cocktails, exchanging stories of our experiences. They had also experienced the ATM fiasco, except they had no US dollars to keep them going. Not even enough money to eat or catch a bus back to Rio. Luckily a German man living in Brazil took pity on them and drove them back to his place to sleep and eat, and use an ATM! We invited them to join our boat trip to the islands of Mochima National Park tomorrow. We knew nothing of the trip other than it departed in a fishing boat from the beach front outside our hostel. What could go wrong?

Chris's Corner

Definitely time for us to relax after our challenging couple of days and Sophie was after some beach and sun, just a shame the weather wasn't aware of this!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 84; dbt: 0.1245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb