Salto, Soaking time


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » North » Salto
August 8th 2008
Published: August 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Once we exchange some of our left over Brazilian Reales for Uruguyan pesos we grab a taxi to the hotel and check in to Hotel Los Cedros. Nothing remarkable or otherwise to report about this hotel which probably means it was fine.

Having had some lunch we grabbed the bus over to the natural spas. Salto is blessed by being located on a thin crust and therefore has geothermal heated water spouting from it. We actually got of the bus a little early and ended up walking the rest of the way there (note: the spas are where the road hits the roundabout at which point the bus comes back).

As we walk I am imagining what these spas will be like. I imagine some naturally created wallows filled with Uruguayan beauties ready to perform a back massage for a few measly pesos. As it is the spas turn out to be five or six swimming pools with the spa water warming them through and a central hot tub. Dotted around these we find the fat people of Uruguay.

This is should be said is the public spa which open until 11pm. I'm sure the private ones which close at 6 are everything my dreams desired.

We sit in the outer, cooler, spas until a space opens up in the centre one and then we jump in. This is much more like the temperature we are expecting and we while the hours away turning into wrinkled prunes and bitching about the size of our fellow spa'ees.

Suitably soaked we return back to the hotel and then find a rather nice restaurant where it is steak and wine all round. The best we've tasted so far.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb