Rained Out


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » East » Punta del Este
July 13th 2006
Published: July 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well we are struck indoors today. There has been thunder and lightning and showers on and off all day. We managed to get a quick walk on the beach before it started to rain too much, but it was too cold to really enjoy anyways. But the lightning was pretty cool to watch, just not in the rain and the wind!

There´s not much to do in this town. We managed to find a different restaurant open today. It´s so expensive here! We had the cheapest things on the menu (I had the two hamburgers and fries deal, Jacq had pizza) and it was still $15Can... Sad when last week we were both eating all you can eat steak for the same price.

We went to the casino earlier and like everything else, it was deserted. But we had lots of fun. I lost 10 bucks and Jacq won that much. So I guess I should make her pay for supper...

We bought some spaghetti and sauce at the grocery store so we could cook our own supper instead of wasting more money at another stupid restaurant. Should be interesting trying to cook ourselves some food on these crazy gas stoves and using dirty pots and pans. haha Cross your fingers we don´t get food poisoning!

There´s a couple of new people staying here at the hostel tonight, and I think they´re all getting put into our room even though there are all kinds of empty rooms here. So unfair, they better not be up all night making lots of noise because we have to get up to catch our bus at 730 for Montevideo, and then back on the boat to Buenos Aires at 1130. Fast boat this time, but it takes 3 hours to cross the crazy Rio de la Plata.

4 more days in South America and then back home... the countdown is on.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.395s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb