Uruguay


Advertisement
Published: October 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey!

This was a little bit of a pleasant surprise for Brendon and I as we didn't realise Uruguay was part of the trip, after leaving Iguazu we left Argentina on a night bus to Salto the bus dropped us off in the middle of nowhere at 5.30 in the morning. Whenever we have been traveling over night we always get ready for bed and put our comfies on, so there we were in the middle of nowhere, half sleeping Brendon was in his lounging trousers tucked into his socks and flip flops on, a fleece, hat and sunglasses, he was styling it big time. He bent down to go into a bag and forgot that he had his backpack on and in slow motion fell back on to his backside, it was priceless. Then he just sat there playing it cool while we all rolled about laughing until he eventually said will some bxxxxxd help me up. Then to ragain his coolness he gave us a 10 min stand up comedy show. Brad from Oz comented that he had never been to a stand up show at 5.30 in the morning while splitting his side.
Uruguay is a very civalised country with really chilled out people, we stayed in Salto for one night, Montivideo for two nights and Colonia for 1 night.

Salto
This was a quiet town were you can go to a restaurant and eat as much steak and drink as much homemade wine as you can for 3 pounds so we took advantage,especially the home made wine. They have thermal outdoor baths that we spent the day in playing water polo and lounging around in, it was very pleasent.

Montivideo
This is Uruguay's capital it's civalised and safe, we had our first big night out with the group in a shady pool hall down town. We only intended on going for a few games and ended up staying out till 6 in the morning and had a great laugh, a couple of locals challenged brendon and simon to a game of pool and they ended up husstling them in they're own town they were not chuffed. Not much else to say about this place really oh except we bumped into Racheal a girl we met in Ipanema. She was just strolling down the street and we invited her out to dinner with the group.

Colonia
This was our favorite place in Uruguay it was a little historical town with a light house. We wanted to stay here longer to ralax. It had a lovely little beach and the weather was the best it had been for a while.
Brendon burst his beloved football here though, I was gutted for him. We burried it on the beach with a little service, it was very sad.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb