Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
October 12th 2007
Published: October 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Alrighty!
Both Brendon and I are going to type about Buenos Aires because we have both fallen in love with the place, It gives London and Paris a run for it's money for sure and it kicks Rio's ass.
We were having a bad day when we arrived Brendon realised his favourite north face jacket was missing, it was pouring down with rain and we were having trouble with our bank but still we thought this place was amazing and nothing could get us down. (Brendons jacket has been found and is on its way to Buenos Aires)
It has an incredible buzz about it, there's always something going on, something to look at and the people are really friendly and refined.
The girls are really funky and dress well.
We parted from the group here and moved to our hostel.
On our first full day here we went sight seeing round parliament sguare and to the presidents house. The presidents house was were Eva Perone stood on the balcony and spoke to the people of Argentina. On a Sunday on the square outside the presidents house they put up a stage with live music and performance arts and have bbq's on the go and people just come down and hang out. They also have an antique market on a sunday that goes on for miles.
The shops here are amazing, I love the clothes. They have loads of boutiques that you can get something a bit different in , and loads of vintage stores.
The city is very grand with very beautiful buildings I would recommend anyone to come here. We haven't managed a tango show yet but we did manage to sneak in and see some dancers practice.
We also went to the Recoleta cemetery, we've not turned into goths people, everyone goes! The grave stones are more like buildings, if someone built one of these bad boys for you after you were gone, you know you've lived. All the Argentinian vips are burried here including Eva Perone.

Now its my turn
This is the best place i have ever been, not only is it the birthplace of the finest footballer that ever walked gods green earth but everything about it is cool from the buildings to the shops and the people are well cool, I got to go to the boca juniors-river plate game which was just crazy, i had been up all night partying the night before and in the morning went and bought a litre of vodka for one pound and off i went, the game was at rivers stadium and i could only get a ticket for the home end, there was no trouble before the game but with about ten minutes to go the boca fans started ripping up the seats and throwing them at the river fans below and when we got outside there were police with those huge water cannons, it was crazy.
In buenos aires me and karen started taking spanish lessons and we are both quite good now, we can ask for most things and i even had a conversation with an old dude on the train which was pretty cool.



Advertisement



30th November 2007

hello
Awright troops though a would come back on and say hello. Buenos Aires sounds amazing. We crainie is just back and totally loved it. Says much better than Rio anaw. Watch Karen and they shops Brend, Can never be a good mix!! Anyway nothing much happening over here as per. Still rubbish weather but at least christmas and holidays to look forward to. Clare sends her love and speak to yeez soon. Aw the best G
2nd January 2008

Happy New Year from the USA!!
Happy New Year my boy to you and to Karen ... I am so glad that you are having a wonderful time ... but DONT spend all your mula that you cannot survive ... as for myself I have had a wonderful Christmas and New Year ... and I am really enjoying my stay in the USA .... so far the men suck .. I have just met a smelly slimey Italian American and I'll give that one a miss ... I have really enjoyed reading all about your trip .. what a great idea this blog is!!! Keep the good news coming. Zellie and her family have been super ... I got lots of goodies for Christmas and the trouble is HOW on earth am I going to get it home ...Cant wait to tell you all my stories so come home soon ... your Nonnzie is missing you WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY tooooooooo much!!! I love you ... look after yourself ........... BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG kisses!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb