Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
November 16th 2012
Published: November 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Peru
Ola Chicas!Getting in with the lingo!Made it to Cusco anyway by skin of our teeth! There was a marathon check point outside out hotel in Quito so all roads closed off... Got to airport 50 mins before flight n they delayed boarding for us!Staying in the wild rover hostel is cusco, run by an Irish lads Liam and colm. Great Craic there and the food is a lot nicer! BBQ was savage first night. Oh have noticed Peru is a lot cheaper than Ecuador. Eg vodka and coke in Quito about 7.50 dollars an in Peru, 6 soles - about 2 euro! Cusco is the capital of the incas in case ya wanted to know...! Lovely little town but we took a pic of their version of a leprechaun dressed up - Peruvian woman, pigtails, pet lamb etc and she ran after us for money!!Left on Tuesday to do the 2 day/ 1 night hike... Got train to km104 and started our 3hour hike UP a mountain to winay wayna (an inca site) I'm not going to lie it was the hardest thing I've done in my life... So many steps! Once we got up we had then 2 hr hike to Sungate (was level enough as it can be 3/4 way up a mountain) got our first view of Machu Piichu then and it was worth it! You'll see my pics eventually! Then had 1 and half hr hike down to Machu Piichu where we got the post card shots!! We got bus down to the village then( ya can get the bus from the last train stop too). Stayed in grand hotel and went for dinner with JJ our guide - goes without saying we were all pretty stiff at this stage!! Bed early!!Got up early next day to get bus back up to Machu Piichu to walk around it and get the tour. Orla cat and spike decided to do a vertical climb up steps - Waynu Piichu so me and Barry let them on. If the pic attaches properly this is my view as I write this part !! Got Tain back to cusco then 3 and half hours of very dodgy music - shuda popped a sleeping tablet - it wasn't great at all ! Back to wild over for drinking games night but all pretty wrecked. Poor Barry got sun stroke so he's been in bed nearly 24 hours...! We went of to local craft market n stocked up on the Peruvian gear ! Sorted for my Xmas jumper now 😊Heading off to Bolivia now in the morn ! Adios !!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb