start of tour


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
October 8th 2007
Published: October 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Lima CoastLima CoastLima Coast

Would be so nice if wasn´t so overcast. Typical of Lima for 6months of the year!
today is the 3rd day of our tour. Started in Lima on Sat by going out for tea with everyone else on the bus. there is a mix of British, Aussies, Irish and a girl from New Zealand. Most are a bit older than us but all really nice.

Yesterday we drove south to Ballastas Islands where we went on a speed boat to the island and saw huge number of birds, penguins and sea lions. it was really cool and we could get really close in the boat. Took a huge no od photos.

After that we drove futher inland to the desert where we went sand boarding. Its amazing, sliding down the side of a massive sand dune on a snow board. the desert was breath taking, went on for miles. the drove us around in Big sand buggies (think quad bikes in mozambique but way better). We then camped under the stars, had a bbq and loads of pisco sours (national drink). its suprisingly nice. didn´t think would be feeling to fresh this morning but was ok.

today we drove to Nazca where were camping tonight. the camp site is amazing with pool and everything,
Music FestivalMusic FestivalMusic Festival

Stumbled across a music festival in Centre of Lima. No idea what was going on as it was all in spanish, but still really enjoyed it!
spent the whole afternoon just lazing by the pool cause its so hot, its brilliant.

this is the area that was hit by the earthquake. driving along the road all you can see is piles of rubble and tents. but they are slowly rebuilding.

trying to upload some photos but can´t find a computer with a usb port! oh well i´ll keep trying


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Ancient Ruins in LimaAncient Ruins in Lima
Ancient Ruins in Lima

Ancient ruins of a town just out the centre of Lima.
Speedboat at Ballestas IslandsSpeedboat at Ballestas Islands
Speedboat at Ballestas Islands

bit of a tight squeeze!
Sea LionsSea Lions
Sea Lions

Got really close to the sea lions at Ballestas Islands
DesertDesert
Desert

At the top of the sand dunes


Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb