Inca Trail


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Inca Trail
October 24th 2007
Published: October 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Start of the Inca TrailStart of the Inca TrailStart of the Inca Trail

fresh faced group at the start of the Inca Trail!
Ok, not written on this in awhile but finish the inca trail a few days ago, it was absoulty amazing! Thinking back you forget actually how hard it was and only how amazing it felt to reach Machu Pichu.

The night before we started we stayed at a local guest house called casa del Doris!!!. Very basic but nice enough. Got the bus to the starting point and through passport control and were off. Only after a small delay cause dereck didnt get a ticket, some mix up in the office, but eventually they let him through all 20 of us!

The 1st day in the easy day, a few hills to climb a few slopes to desend but on the whole was ok. We arrived at the lunch spot to be greeted by Mario with a local soft drink and then a two course meal! Amazing. There was a cooking team of porters who carried everything there on there back and could make some amazing meals! A short walk before we reached the campsite, where all our tents were all ready put up and mattress inside, thanks again to the porters! the views all day were amazing!

Day to, woke up to the sound of rain on tent, oh no! But got top get going! Its Suzanne birthday today so the porters made chocolate cake for breakfast. They are totally amazing! Make a good husband!
Todays Dead Womans Pass. Its not called that for no reason, believe me! very tough day, the walk and the altitude doesnt make it easy! Got some cocoa leaves to suck on which make it easier to breath so eventually made it to the top! 4200m above sea level! after taking so long to go up only have to go back down! thousands and thousands of steps! eventually made it to the campsite just in time for lunch. Passed the afternoon playing cards with our guides, then time for bed, everyone was shattered!

day 3- named the beautiful day, on the bounday between to mountains and the jungle, but of course its raining and misty so cant see very far from the side of the path. More steps to go down and in the rain its scary! Some really cool flowers and by the time we got to the campsite it mist kinda cleared and got our first look of macch pichu! After another amazing meal we had a thankyou cemerary with the porters a few drink then of to bed, early start to get through to check point before the queues formed.

A couple of hours walk while the sun was rising to reach the Suns Gate where we could see Macch Pichu for real. totally amazing, takes your breath away. makes you forget about all the hard stuff over the last few days and totally in awe! spent the next few hours exploring the site, before returing to aqua calenties to have pizza and a much deserved visit to the hot spring.

very hard but totally recommed it to everyone!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb