Wow we are here!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Piura » Máncora
June 21st 2007
Published: June 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

well... we managed to cross the border safely at Huaquillas. Luckily we were able to travel most of the day...I must say there was a lot going outside my window...It would have been great to stop off some of the towns...lots of bannana plantations...it took me a while to realize why the bananas were covered with what appeared to be a blue think layer of plastic (open at the bottom end)...later I saw a plane spraying pesticide over the plantations... a place where people also had their houses...a place where their children played and families gathered.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Bar in MancoraBar in Mancora
Bar in Mancora

Our first night in Peru, drinking and enjoying the sound of the crashing waves
Local MarketLocal Market
Local Market

We decided to shop at the local market; we bought some quinoa from this man
Sunset, MancoraSunset, Mancora
Sunset, Mancora

This was our last night in Mancora. Little did we know that this would be our last tropical weather climate in Peru.


9th July 2007

Good times
Hello Jessica and Dan, Sounds like you are having a great time. This trips looks to be both physically and mentally demanding, no better way to really ingrain it into the memory banks! be sure to bring back some of the mate de coca and perhaps some tobacco (you know, the good stuff!) Anyway, keep the journals coming, they are all very interesting.

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb