Help Them H.O.P.E


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
March 18th 2014
Published: March 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Throughout majority, or even all o Peru, people suffer from many disabilities and illnesses that go untreated, especially the children. In 2009, John Whelan, an Irish man, spent a lot of his personal time volunteering at an hospital in San Francisco thatttreated people with illnesses and disabilities. He saw that very little attention was being paid to these issues, rather than on others. He believed that these children were in desperate need for both physiological and physical caste and support. He realized that the charities for equipment and living costs just weren't cutting it if the people were dying. Later that year, he started his own non govermental organization called Help Them H.O.P.E, also known as the Sick Kids of Peru. John mainly supports children with chronic diarrhea, malnutrition, tuberculosis, and chronic respiratory diseases. His program not only supports the ill, but it also gives the illiterate a chance, as well. The word Hope in the NGO's name stands for hope, opportunity, progress, and education. Help them H. O. P. E is a non profit that provides needed resources, support, and education. Help Them H. O. P. E also provides programs to carry individuals with disadvantages achieve their education and excess life goals. Their goal is to help them fulfil potential roles in society as well as to contribute in it. The programs mission is to empower the disadvantaged, so they are able to receive fair life experiences. This organization, as well as many others, are making some type of progress because according to peruschallenge.com, their literacy rate has increased from 42 to 89 percent over the years.Also, according to, hdr.undp.org, the average amount of schooling has increased 3.2 years.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0919s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb