Road-trip to Caral


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
January 5th 2011
Published: January 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello guys !

After the famous road-trip to the andean mountains, we (Mateo, Olivier and myself) decided this time to follow the coast and explore the dunes of Peru !
As Mateo has to work sometimes, just to persuade us he is not running a fake company (société-ecran), we leave in the afternoon. Direction: Ancon, a beautiful little town on the coast. Here is the top point for a ceviche. We find a nice hotel on the sea in a old casa made of wood like a house in Louisiana.

The day after, we drive to Caral. Caral is onr of the oldest inca site of Peru. Totally lost in a valley. The site opened last year only.
Amazing atmosphere ! It is in the middle of nowhere. But really nowhere. not even touristic restaurants around... just a desert !!
After that we drive towards Barranca. The plan was to find an hotel close to a beach to surf in the morning, but:
- We have a flat tire (actually not flat bu teared) and time to find a garage to fix it....
- the hotel which was supposed to be hard to find does not exist anymore
- We head back to Barranco

The craziest thing I ´ve seen in my life: The blade-runners. Guys driving a naked chassis-truck, just with a seat and a plastic window. Driving to a conversion centre to get a bodykit or Mad-max style ? If you have any ideas....

And a typical contact with police: We got stopped for a routine control. Of course everything is fine, but the cop needs to find something. So he came out with a story that a document is missing, it is a new one mandatory since 1st of January !! And that we have to pay 1600 soles !!! Obviously, there is no way we pay that. After 2 minutes of discussion a banknote of 50 soles in his pocket will move him away and let us tranquillo. The old good myth of corrupted peruvian police !!


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb