Into Peru we go


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
January 15th 2010
Published: January 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our arrivel into Peru went very smoothly. After we arrived at our hostel we were very tired from our trip so we went out to eat then went to bed. The next day was when we discoverd Lima. It was a great city with many sites to see. We felt a little safer here then we did in Quito, although there were definite spots to not go. A fellow travelor that we met wanted to venture off to a more dangerous spot and the cops would not let them go. But Eric and I stayed in the safe parts of town and saw everything we wanted to see in one day. Our hostel was right on the beach which had amazing views. That night was when we had our fun. The hostel that we stayed at was amazing with great owners. We had pisco sour night where we met everyone in the hostel and had free drinks. Also the hostel owner had a raffle to win a large pisco sour and I was the lucky winner. After we drank at the hostel the owner of the hostel took us out for a night on the town. We went to Barranco, a nice suburb of Lima. We had fun meeting new people and dancing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



26th January 2010

Did you guys make it off of Machu Picchu before everybody got stuck? Just saw the story on the news and knew you both were heading there. Hopefully you made it off. Or maybe it would be really cool to be stranded up there for four days. hmmm.

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb