Cuenca


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
January 9th 2010
Published: January 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our last stop before entering Peru. We had quite and experience going down to Cuenca on the bus. During one of the many crazy turns on a mountain road there was a bus also trying to make the same turn as us. Turns out that both buses could not make that turn at the same time. Our bus ended up t boning the other bus, shattering our windshield and making very large dents in theirs. It was a good thing we were going to slow or it could have been a lot worse. This did not stop of from continuing though. The bus driver was not effected by not being able to see out of the windshield very well. Lets just hope this was the only bus accident we get into during our trip.
Our first day in Cuenca we did a hiking tour around the national forest. It was amazing and got us prepared for the inca trail. The altitude was the highest I have ever been in and I could feel it. It was a lot harder to climb because there of the little amounts of oxygen. The view were amazing though. There were many wild llamas that Eric loved to take pictures of. It was a very good hike and we met a lot of interesting people along the way.
That night did not go so well though. Eric and I both got very sick. We were puking all night and were just feeling awful. All part of the travel I suppose. This kind of put a damper on Cuenca and we did not get to do much more. The town was beautiful though. The richest in Ecuador so it was very safe and clean, unlike some places we went to en Ecuador. I would have to say if I was going to live in Ecuador Cuenca would be the place to do it.
Our last day we were feeling a little better so we went to some inca ruins. It was a bit of a ride for a very small inca ruin. It was interesting though and we got some great pics. Now we are on our way to Peru.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb