Grim Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
December 23rd 2005
Published: January 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

christmas day Lima stylechristmas day Lima stylechristmas day Lima style

... and no, there wasn't another person in the room, the camera was on timer!!

Days 39-43



We caught an early morning flight to Lima. We'd heard really bad things about Lima, but it wasn't as bad as all the hype. Saying that, we didn't venture too far for fear of being robbed/stabbed/beaten/killed. We went for a little wander and chilled out in the hotel, watching a coupel of films. We went out for dinner and had a couple of drinks.

The next day was much of the same. We went to a supermarket to get provisions for Christmas Day as everything would be closed. After filling our trolley with Pringles, sweeties, nuts and (very cheap) champers we headed back. In the evening we went to a more upmarket district called Mira Flores, with one of our pals from the group. Everything was closed as it was Christmas Eve, we eventually found a cafe that was open so we had something to eat and headed back to the hotel.

Merry Christmas!! Feliz Navidad. A christmas like no other!! We stayed in bed all day eating and watching films. So I suppose it wasn't so unlike christmas, apart from the staying in bed bit. A big CONGRATULATIONS to ROSIE and JIM who got engaged
A cute doggyA cute doggyA cute doggy

Mole would love this old boy, looks a bit like Alfie Addinall
today!!

Boxing day we went back to Mira Flores for a mooch about. We looked around the shops then had lunch. We walked down to the beach and sat there for a while, paddling in the ice cold waters! We returned to grotty old downtown where Stuart found some bargain jeans in the sale. We went our for dinner and celebrated our last night in Lima! Bring on Miami!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb