Welcome to Miami


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
December 27th 2005
Published: January 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

South BeachSouth BeachSouth Beach

somehow Stuart hasn't yet been snapped up to model for catalogues

Days 44 & 45



Another horrid early morning (but we were happy to get up and get out of the pit they call Lima) we headed to the airport to catch our flight. We tried to be proper travellers and use the buses but got half way and were lost so we shared a taxi with some strange old woman (which turned out good for us as she paid for most of it!!). We got to the hostel mid-afternoon and went for a wander. We really liked it there, Ocean Drive was really cool with loads of restaurants and bars lining the road. The only bad thing was it was full of Americans!! Had a lovely dinner on Ocean Drive then went shopping. Had a pretty early night or at least tried to as the other hostel goers were having a big party and kept us awake. Stuart doesn't really approve of sharing dorms and shunned hostel life after two minutes of being there!!

We went for a walk pretty early and then headed for South Beach, where we parked ourselves on the sand and stayed there until lunchtime. Went hunting for some lunch and then went back to the beach for a bit before it got really cold. In the evening we had another look around the shops and went to a proper diner for dinner. We then had a cocktail in Wet Willy's and some rock bar where the band were shouting about hating George Bush!!

Happy Birthday Moley!! Miss you xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb