First Night in Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
May 14th 2008
Published: May 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so after 23 hours of traveling Andy and I have made it to Lima, Peru. We are staying at the Inca Lodge, ($12/night) in Miraflores. So far this hostel gets high marks, it's clean, appears to be safe and includes breakfast. The travel guide books advised that drivers in Lima are crazy, and that's a considerable understatement. There really appears to be no rules of the road, our taxi driver swirved from lane to lane at excessive speeds and cut across 2 lanes of traffic to make turns. I've only been in Lima for 3 hours now, but as far as I can tell it's a huge dirty busy city. It took Andy and me 30 minutes of walking downtown to find a restaurant that we didn't recognize. Very disapointing. I'm excited to explore the city tomorrow and see what it has to offer. We plan on seeing the Plaza de Armanas, the Archbishop's Palalce, the President's palace and a couple other sites. I'll post another blog tomorrow which will include pictures and descriptions of what we did. (another plus about the Inca Lodge: free internet!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb