Wasted Days and Wasted Time


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
July 27th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Francisco MonastaryFrancisco MonastaryFrancisco Monastary

This monastary is still in use by the franciscan monks, as it has been for the last 400 years or more. Sorry no pics of the inside, we were not allowed.
Well we arrived back in Lima expecting to take it easy for the night because we had an early flight the next morning. We had pretty much already had our fun exploring the city and to be honest its not one of my favorite places. It is ok, but not really for my taste. I am a much bigger fan of little villages versus big cities.

So we relax for the night so that we can be ready in the morning. at 7am we head to the airport we are waiting in front of the gate waiting to board our plane and somehow we missed the flight. I swear that they never called for boarding, but who knows. Anyways time to pay some fees to reschedule the flight for the next day. What a waste of time and money. Now we are stuck in Lima for one more day and we wasted a bunch of money with penalties and getting to and from the airport.

At this point Jeff is no longer down with staying in a hostel and wants to spring for a real hotel. I threw some money in on it, but it was really his deal. I won´t say that I did not enjoy it though. I admit it was not a complete waste of a ight, because we explored a really cool monastary from the 1600´s. They had some books that were made of sheepskin and also dated back to the 1600´s. Underneath the monastary there was some crypts we also got to explore. It was quite interesting. After the crypts we found this huge festival going on in the streets. So I guess not a total waste. Manana para Cuzco!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Can U See ItCan U See It
Can U See It

I know it is really light, but I was hoping you can see it. These are skulls and bones of the people of Lima. Many of these bones are over 400 years old.
Just Having FunJust Having Fun
Just Having Fun

This kid had a ball running back and forth through the pigeons


27th July 2007

Glad to finally see something!
Great pictures Brett! I was glad to see you go to a nice hotel.. It must have been great. It sounds like you had a fun night and now on to more exploration. Aunt Lannie and I are on to exploring NY today. We miss you. Have more fun for us. Love Mom and Aunt Lannie
27th July 2007

Dog ate your homework?
Missed the flight? Not that hard. On the other hand, perhaps the airport was a bit chaotic? Just a bit.

Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb