Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
January 1st 2007
Published: January 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We spent the holidays in Lima. On Christmas morning a girl made breakfast for the whole hostel. We stayed in Miraflores which is like the Zona Rosa in San Salvador times 100. Just like America. Didn't really do a whole lot. Saw some movies and basically just relaxed. We continued north to Tumbes which is a headache of a border crossing by itself but to complicate things, we got into a cab (Playa Blanca Co) to head to the border and they asked us if we had ever crossed there. We told them no. They started to tell us how dangerous it was and then later, when we got closer, they said that the bridge was closed due to a protest and that they were going to bring us to the only other way to cross into Ecuador but it was going to cost us $20 a person. We said no and told them to let us out and they drove us to the middle of a market and said something like "its your safety, its up to you I guess." Walked to the border to get our passport stamps and crossed the open bridge no problem. From there we took a bus to Guayaquil.

Also in Lima we visited the beautiful Peace Corp office. The staff was great and we picked up some Newsweeks and books.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.5kb