Action Packed Weekend!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima
December 25th 2008
Published: December 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Don't feel like writing much today, so I'm gonna make this short and sweet. We weren't sure if we'd have enough time to do everything we wanted before heading up to the city of Lima, so Homer and I flew over the Nasca Lines early in the morning, then afterwards took the bus to Huacachina where we sand boarded in the afternoon. Action packed! Had a great time!

Summary of The Towns


Nasca: Flew over the town of Nasca in a Cessna plane in order to view the Nasca Lines. Do you know what those are? They are figures designed on the Earth's surface, but can only be viewed from a plane or from space. No one really knows who built them or why, but some think they are related to astronomy. Others think they were made for aliens. Amazing to see. The pilot kept moving the plane left and right to show us the figures. I almost puked. It was too early in the morning for me to feel the g-forces. Great views though. I left the plane all sweaty and nauseated.

Huacachina: Sand boarded on huge sand dunes. Rode in a dunebuggy. It was similar to snow boarding, except that your board sometimes sinks in the sand and it's hard to get a good start. We rocked those dunes!

Paracas: Woke up in the early morning again. Rode in a boat to a reserve where we saw several species of birds and sea lions. Also really cool to see. We could almost reach out and touch the sea lions.

Lima: Arrived in Lima in the afternoon. It is a big city with a good vibe. I really dig this city. People here are laid back and friendly. Wouldn't mind living here.

Hope you enjoy my pics.

alex





Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Nasca LinesNasca Lines
Nasca Lines

Ready for the flight.
HuacachinaHuacachina
Huacachina

Sand boarding baby! This shit was cool!
Nasca LinesNasca Lines
Nasca Lines

Pilot's view.
Nasca LinesNasca Lines
Nasca Lines

The Astronaut.
Nasca LinesNasca Lines
Nasca Lines

The Condor.
Nasca LinesNasca Lines
Nasca Lines

The Spider.
Nasca LinesNasca Lines
Nasca Lines

The Hummingbird.
Nasca LinesNasca Lines
Nasca Lines

The Parrot.
Nasca LinesNasca Lines
Nasca Lines

The Tree.
Nasca LinesNasca Lines
Nasca Lines

The Duck.
Nasca LinesNasca Lines
Nasca Lines

The Hands.
MonkeyMonkey
Monkey

His name is Cheyo, and he bites.
Huacachina Sand DunesHuacachina Sand Dunes
Huacachina Sand Dunes

Ready for some sand boarding.
Huacachina Sand DunesHuacachina Sand Dunes
Huacachina Sand Dunes

Some tourists who got stuck in the sand. ha ha!
OasisOasis
Oasis

The town of Huacachina surrounded by sand dunes.


7th January 2009

COME HOME ALREADY WE MISS U!!!!!
Hey Bro, Im glad 2 c ur doing great, but that beard has to go. Don't like it. Im so happy for you, thank you for doing all this traveling for all of us that can't. You only LIVE ONES!! Im still waiting for my Pics of the Future Victoria Secret Models from Brazil. Im hating! Love You, We Missed you so Much in the Holidays. Everybody says HI! Hurry Home!

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb