Tumbes to Trujillo to Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » San Isidro
November 9th 2015
Published: November 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Tumbes to Trujillo

We started out early the next day at 6.30. The scenery varied from yesterday with more desert-like arid areas which climbed to rocky hills.

There was loads of maize, some bananas and what looked like a bit of rice growing along the way.

We had a long day riding to cover some ground and arrived in Trujillo around 5pm where Gerardo found us a nice place to stay.

Trujillo, Peru to Lima, Peru

Next day was also an early 6.30am start. We road from Trujillo to Lima (Peru's capital city). I've gotta say, I'm absolutely astounded and horrified by the amount of garbage on the sides of the road; it really is something else and there's no excuse! Having traveled from North America, Central American, Colombia and Ecuador; Peru definitely has the worst garbage problem. It makes me feel there's little hope for the earth when you see the scale of the mess and the complete apathy about the problem.

There's obviously a presidential election in 2016 here as there's signs promoting 'Alan para presidente 2016' EVERYWHERE!

Lots of desert looking plains and rocky mountain passes. When we arrived in Lima the traffic was absolutely bedlam and the drivers around us seemed noticeably more aggressive. I thought the guys did a great job of staying tight while weaving through the traffic to our hotel (which took a good amount of time and patience).

Our hotel greeted us with a glass of bubbles which was well received by everyone! It's a fabulous suite with everything including a kitchen sink ?



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement







Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb