Cuenca, Ecuador to Tumbes, Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ayacucho » Ayacucho
November 9th 2015
Published: November 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We headed to a place called Autolujos to service our bikes. We had the use of the garage and tools and were able to buy oil from the owner, Genaro. We had the privilege of using the garage due to String's mechanical misfortune back in Florida where a helpful guy, Paul, assisted String in getting his bike back on the road. It just so happened that his father, Genaro, had a mechanical shop in Ecuador and he insisted that String contact Genaro when we got to Cuencas which Rosco and Gerardo arranged. Genaro and his wife Carmen were lovely and incredibly generous and helpful in getting our bikes serviced. The bikes serviced, Genaro, Carmen and a friend of theirs, Luis, were keen to escort us out of Ecuador. The road out was mountainous and rocky in a way that reminded me of the Kawarau Gorge in the South Island (only the road was a bit less maintained).

We stopped for lunch at a great spot and afterwards headed to the border where we said our goodbyes to our hosts and began the usual border crossing process. The exit from Ecuador and entry into Peru took only half an hour and the bikes took another hour which is our quickest and easiest border crossing yet. We arrived at our hotel around 8 and enjoyed complimentary pisco sours at the bar by the pool.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb