Ecuador to Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
July 29th 2012
Published: July 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well, we had expected some delays with all the air travel involved in this trip and thought that we had overcome this in Auckland, but not to be! We arrived back in Quito for a day lay over from the Glapagos and had a quiet day just wandering around the old town and a leisurely lunch. Arrived at the airport in good time to catch our flight to Lima, checked in, passed through security and immigration only to be told that our 8:55pm flight had been cancelled. So back through immigration and security to be placed on a flight to Guayaquil, overnight stay in a very nice hotel then a 5:00am start to catch the flight to Lima arriving 9.30am Friday instead of Thursday night. All seems fine on the surface, but we are getting very used to waiting in queues!!! Luckily we had three nights in Lima, unlike other passengers who had connecting flights that were missed.

Friday afternoon we embarkeed on a city tour of Lima and today, Saturday - Independence Day, we managed a sleep-in then have a leisurely walk around Miraflores where our hotel is located. This is a sea side suburb / district with lots of tree lined streets and avenues, appartment buildings overlooking the Pacific and walkways along the foreshore. The surf was up so there were some hardy souls (in wet suits) out surfing. Had a very pleasant lunch at La Rosa Nautica, a restaurant located on a pier that the surf rolled under. Tomorrow, Sunday we are off to Paracas by bus.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb