Paracas


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Paracas
July 31st 2012
Published: July 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Just returned to Lima after two days in Paracas which is three hours by a luxurious bus south of here on the coast. At first view it appears a ramshackled little town but the resort we stayed in tells another story - fantastic! Paracas is a fishing village which is developing into a tourist/resort centre. So why did we go there? First for a flight over the Nasca Lines - 3000 year old designs created on the mountain plateaus at the base of the Andes Mountains. Why and how there were created remains a matter of conjecture. Two hours flying in a 12 seater plane, banking and steep turning to reveal the various designs such as a monkey, spider, humming bird and fish, and Sue did not even feel sick!!! The late afternoon and evening were spent around the pool enjoying the delicious food and views. Monday and we were off on a two hour boat trip to Ballastas Islands which is a natural reserve for the thousands of birds that make their home on barren rock and whose guano (bird poo) is harvested for Perus multi million dollar fertiliser industry. The penguins jumping and tumbling their way down the rock face to the water was a humourous sight. Back to Lima on the bus after another lovely lunch. Off to Arequipa today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



1st August 2012

Flying
Very impressed that mum didn't get sick... everything sounding very exciting!
4th August 2012

Yes Rachel I continue to amaze myself.Have just returned from two days exploring the high Andes - great!
2nd August 2012
Humourous Penguins

looks like a great time had by all
checked house today - looks ok removed a paper from letter box. great to see that you are having fun. g & m
4th August 2012
Humourous Penguins

Thanks for the house check. Trip continues to go very well. Have just returned from amazing two days explorng the high Andes.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb