LIMA, PERU


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
May 16th 2012
Published: May 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

14.5.2012 – 15.5.2012



Well dinner at La Gloria was sensational $60 head with wine but great food. Checked out of our house and over to Embajadores Hotel near the beach, quite a nice hotel. Met the other people on our tour, we are five, 2 melb, 1 Brisbane and 2 Cairns. Had a tour around the downtown today and what a combination of different architecture, just amazing. Did the usual cathedral, which I have to admit was absolutely stunning, and then onto the San Francisco Monastery, with all the catacombs which are on display, loads of bones and skulls, containing around 70,000 human remains, also went to the Museum of Antropology, so interesting. Also there are several sights of pre incas around here in Lima even one in Miraflores. The Peruvian people are so friendly. Had a relax in the arvo, I had a pedi and mani and wax, John went and caught up on some sleep, after moving rooms this am after so much noise below our room last night. We went to Portofino, overlooking the cliffs, for dinner tonight, wonderful, cebiche, the raw seafood marinated in lime juice etc and spices, the best we have had, couldn’t eat half our main course and they gave us complimentary desserts – very spoilt but we are back on the food trail, might be out last supper, heading to Cusco tomorrow morning flight at 8.55a.m. about an hour by plane from Lima -4-5 nights in this area looking forward to it, the ancient Incas so interesting.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



16th May 2012

Welcome Back....
...to the westburys we know and love, all about the food. Same same in melbourne, nothing exciting to report. Haven't even been to golden harvest without you. Cold and very wet, so make the most of the sunshine. Missing your faces, Lee 18 x
18th May 2012

cusco
Hi Lee, look forward to your comments and to catch up at Golden Harvest when we get back, miss u both xxx

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb