Lima, Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
June 9th 2009
Published: June 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hostal El PatioHostal El PatioHostal El Patio

Garden entrance.
We made it to Lima last night around 11pm. The flight was delayed in Fort Lauderdale for about an hour. We were worried that our driver would not be at the airport when we made it through customs.
Once off of the plane we were sent through immigration which took forever. Every airport worker had a mask on. It was overkill. Macayla said she felt like a germ waiting to infect. I guess they are really scared of the swine flu.
We finally made it through immigration and then customs. There was a man in a full suit holding a sign with my name on it and Macayla started calling him Mr. Fancy Pants. We assumed he was our driver but he called someone to pick us up and take us to our hostal El Patio. He spoke no English and it was very hard to communicate.
We made it to the hostal at 1 am and were exhausted. Slept until noon today.
We bought a tour for tomorrow. Going to see the most famous monuments of the Historic Center of Lima declared by UNESCO as a World Heritage sites including an hour guided tour to the San Francisco Convent catacombs, the Park of the Wall, and the Miraflores area where we are staying.
Basically, we took it easy today and just walked around and got a bite to eat.
We are going to also go see Huaca Pucllana Pyramid tomorrow which is part of some Inca ruins nearby and maybe go to a restaurant tomorrow with a show of original dances.
Camera will not work!! Very mad and may have to buy something while I am here. Very frustrating. Pictures will come soon, I hope.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb