Leaving Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
May 11th 2009
Published: May 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Saying Goodbye to our Gorgeous English ChicasSaying Goodbye to our Gorgeous English ChicasSaying Goodbye to our Gorgeous English Chicas

Stacey, Krissy, Clare, Me These are the girls we met on the dodgy little plane to Rurrenabaque and again in Lake Tits, Cusco and Lima. x
We´re sitting in one of the best hostels we have stayed in our whole visit waiting to go to the airport and jump on a plane to Ecuador. Stace and I have decided to hot foot it out of Peru and spend more time in Ecuador and Colombia. Everyone is telling us Colombia is the best and we have seen all that we wanted to see in Peru and it´s time to move on.

The Peruvian people are very different from the Bolvians. For one, the guys do not leave you alone here and it is getting a bit ridiculous. We can´t stand the hassling anymore and the big cities have never been our favourite places so we have only been in Lima for 2 nights and we have actually stayed by the surf beach only visitng the touristy Miraflores area a few times and downtown Lima (about half an hourstaxi ride away) for just a couple of hours yesterday where we moslty hung out in a weird Museum dedicated to the Spanish Inquisition and grabbed some food in Chinatown. It´s also a lot more expensive (most things are similar prices to Oz).

So we have had a massive splurge today and bought a plane ticket to Quito, Ecuador. It has eaten into our budgets but the alternative was about a 36 hour bus ride. We´ve done heaps of long haul bus journeys already and there are many more to come so it was time for a treat.

Bring on the Galapagos I say. It is going to completely blow the budgets but we are prepared and ready for the once in a lifetime experience. All I want to see is the giant turtles, the iguanas and of course the famous boobies!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb