Spreading the voices of La Oroya!!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
June 11th 2010
Published: June 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello, friends!

I have a couple of things I'd like to share with you this morning....

First, the latest episode of Kuzka, the podcast for Red Uniendo Manos Peru (Joining Hands Peru). Please check it out! You can hear much of the story that I told in my blog entry about La Oroya and the Cambialo kids, but you get to hear it from PC(USA) Mission Co-Worker Jed Koball....and the kids themselves. These kids seriously rock. Please check it out! Here's the address. If you can't click on it, just copy and paste it into your browser.

http://kuzka.podbean.com/2010/06/10/kuzka8/

Also, the smelting company in La Oroya, Doe Run Peru (owned by US billionaire Ira Rennert), is asking the Peruvian government to annul its ecological responsibilities. This comes after years of already not doing what the company said it would do when Doe Run purchased the company from Peru in 1997. Please read the following document, answer the questions, and email it to the address listed on the document. We are hoping to get 10,000 signatures by next Friday. This may sound like a huge goal, but if everyone takes a moment to read the document, sign it, send it in, and then pass the link to others, I really think we can get 10,000 signatures. Our world is so connected through technology. Please send it on...and on....and on!!!!

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AWcSl5XUobhqZGY3am00NTNfMzhnN2tkcXJkZA&hl=en (same thing, cut and paste if you can't click on this)

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Doe Run Peru is planning to re-open its plant on July 27th, so now is the time to act!!!!!

Advertisement



11th June 2010

Red Uniendo Manos Voulnteer
For more on the survey, and an easier way to put in your voice, go to my blog at http://thecentralamericanblender.blogspot.com
11th June 2010

Wonder Woman
The Creator is lucky to have you on Her side.
11th June 2010

Wonder Woman
The Creator is lucky to have you on Her side.
21st June 2010

I'm too late
Sorry Liz, I didn't get to this in time to respond. I've been sick. Did they get the 10,000 signatures?

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0855s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.8kb