Day 22-24 blarg


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
August 9th 2009
Published: August 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Lima

Day 22, we woke up late as usual over here and came down stairs. Our cousins offered to take us out for some Lomo Saltado and we were all cool. We headed back to the house and the day would have been a dud had we not gone to the water park. 17 degrees celsius and we go to the water park...hmm. No, it was actually a water show so to speak. I´ve seen disney´s water shows, but this one just blew disney right out of the water! (no pun intended) It was a dazzling display of water and lights. Simply amazing! The water in combination with the lights and projectors would ¨dance¨to the music of queen, aerosmith, and beethoven etc. The water would act as a screen while the lights and projectors made images in the water. I loved the irony of the image of fire in water. Genius. It was so amazing when they used a projector to show little movies of Peru. Showing images of lake titicaca, Machu Picchu, Huacahina, Miraflores, and every other place we visitied. It might as well have been a slide show of what we did this past month. After that, we headed over to Cineplanet to see the Orphan. Creepiest movie I´ve ever seen, you should check it out if you ever get the chance. My dad and scary movies don´t mix, so every 10 minutes he would jump or try to scare me by jumping. Didn´t work...

Day 23, Didn´t do much, stayed at my cousins house most of the day. We headed out to shop for souvenirs for some certain good friends of ours, and then went back to the same place they took us to eat yesterday, Rokys. Its like chilis or Dennys. Chain sit-down restaurant and they are famous for their Pollo a la Brasa. (chicken breast) They were cooking up at least 30 chickens at a time and dishing them out like candy. I swear, if the chicken were extinct, these people would riot in the streets! Of course, I would be right next to them lighting torches.

Day 24, nothing very interesting again, just stayed at our cousin´s house. They made us Papa la Huacahina, which is a potatoe covered in a spicy cheese sauce. A peruvian favorite of mine. I headed over to my other cousin johny´s house to go hang out. I was under the impression we were going to this fancy steakhouse afterwards, but my dad decided it was to late, even though the place just opened for dinner. We ate some great chinese food and came back to the house for some sleep. Its day 25 now and we just finished packing, our flight leaves midnight tonight. Today, Guinea pig for lunch!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb