We didn't find Paddington in Lima.....


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
July 30th 2009
Published: July 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So when planning our trip to South America Sharon had a few specific requests of places she had to visit Lima being one of them. I duly promised that we could visit despite all that I had heard about the city and non of it being positive.

Anyway on our travels round various people were able to confirm what I had already heard about the city and Sharon became less and less bothered about staying in the city. In the end we left Ica on our way to Trujillo and ended up having a 9 hour layover in Lima and so bags checked into the bus company storage we jumped into a taxi and headed to the Plaza de Armas. So we ended up walking around the Cathedral and the local shopping streets.

We did try and go and see Harry Potter however unlike in Argentina and Chile they were only showing the films in Spanish so that idea went out of the window. After a quick bite to eat and a drink we headed back to the bus station.

I have to say that Lima was, as expected, an unimpressive city although I don't think the drizzling rain helped. However on the contrary I can highly recommend Cruz del Sur buses as whilst they are expensive for Peruvian buses they are very comfortable and the food is pretty decent. Plus they advertise that they have wifi on the buses but I didn't test out the theory so can't vouch for it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb