Pachacamac Ruins


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
January 16th 2009
Published: January 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This morning we went to see some of the ruins outside of Lima. They were very expansive and represented four different cultures that had inhabited and built on their own temples, with the Incas being the last. The different styles of building and brick were neat to see, as well as the excavation process. One of them, the Women temple, was renovated to what it would have been like. Very nice tour, especially because our van had air conditioning from site to site haha.

We then visited the local mall for a prearranged lunch and ocean view, and saw people paragliding above us. We´re wrapping up our last tour online now to the Palamino Islands for tomorrow. They´re similar to the Ballestas and we couldn´t decide, so we just did both! Supposedly we can swim with the sea lions, but after seeing them yesterday I´m not sure if we´re up for it! Then we fly home early Sunday morning. So, this will be the last blog until we get back when we can post a wrap up and let you know that we didn´t die en route to Chicago. And if we do actually die, sorry in advance for the morbid joke.


Ruins-
http://waynekreger.com/pachacamac2.jpg

House of the Chosen Women-
http://image62.webshots.com/62/2/83/37/426528337zHoyVs_fs.jpg

Here is a little background about the ruins - http://www.enjoyperu.com/peru_travel_tours_information/conozca_peru_magazine/enjoy_peru_articles/pachacamac_ruins_pachacamac_ruins.html

Adios!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb