Pisco, Paracas National Park, and Pelicans


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Pisco
April 21st 2006
Published: April 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

A quick change in our plans lead us to the small coastal town of Pisco, where there are beautiful chicas and plenty of birds.
Pisco lies between Ica and Lima, and offers great tours to Peru´s Paracas National Park and Ballaestras Islands, which are considered "poor man´s Galapagos."

Let´s just say that during the two hour boat ride, there were alot of birds. Tens of thousands of birds on a small island, which is white because, yes, it´s covered with bird droppings.
There is also an abundance of sea lions. Over a hundred sea lions lying on the coast line, making wailing sounds that can be quite disturbing when echoed off of the shoreside cliffs.

The tour ended at 4:00PM, and now we´re sitting in the town of Pisco enjoying the high speed internet. Will head back to Lima tonight, and fly back to Cuzco first thing tomorrow morning. Some travellers told us that the last part of the Inka Trail has been blocked up because of landslide. We hope it will be cleared up by the time we get there.

I still can´t believe that we´re no longer in Huacachina. It was like a dream.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb