Pisco, shithole


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Pisco
January 19th 2005
Published: January 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

My neckbeardMy neckbeardMy neckbeard

this is as thick as it gets folks.
we took a 17 hour busride (its actually not as bad as it sounds) from cuzco to pisco, where we were to visit the ¨poor man´s galapagos islands¨ aka the islas ballestas.

so, cramped and tired, we emerged from our night bus to swarms of taxi drivers offering us rides into the town of pisco. a 4 sol cab ride and we were there. pisco is a shithole, as the title indicates. we fell into a terrible hostel for 15 sols a night per person (i personally felt this was pricey for how bad it was) and explored the town. it reminded me of nagua only shittier and more dangerous. we bitched about the town the entire time we were there.

the next day we visited the islas ballestas and the península paracas, which, despite its totally barren feel is apparently one of the most biodiverse places on the planet. the islas ballestas were loaded with birds of all types, including penguins. there were also swarms of lobos marinos (sea lions), crabs, and dolphins. the shores of the islands were as full as they could be of sea lions.

the paracas peninsula was nice too. it is a
Chillin at Chaco BeachChillin at Chaco BeachChillin at Chaco Beach

This beach was littered with trash but it was still nice to see. it was also my first time to see the Pacific Ocean. The water was all full of algae, but we got some beers and everything was alright.
very dry desert with pretty views of the pacific ocean. there we ate some good seafood and skipped stones on the shore. we came back for a 12 hour overnight busride to arequipa.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Post-shavePost-shave
Post-shave

Clean as a whistle.
Hotel PiscoHotel Pisco
Hotel Pisco

This place is a shithole. Never go there.
Petey PabloPetey Pablo
Petey Pablo

Take ya shirt off, and twist it round yo head like a hellakopta.
CandelabraCandelabra
Candelabra

This mysterious symbol is etched on the side of a sand dune near the Islas Ballestas in the Paracas National Park near Pisco. They don{t know if it was made by an ancient civilization or if some pirates carved it to mark some treasure or something. Apparently there are similar candelabras in the Grand Canyon and in China, leading some to believe in extraterrestrial involvement. They are full of shit.
Big-ass Sea LionBig-ass Sea Lion
Big-ass Sea Lion

Look at that swollen head. He must be a genius.
Chrissy and MeChrissy and Me
Chrissy and Me

Aren{t we cute.
Lotsa sealsLotsa seals
Lotsa seals

nuff said.
Fish  in a hatchbackFish  in a hatchback
Fish in a hatchback

I have no idea what that was all about.
At the CathedralAt the Cathedral
At the Cathedral

This was at the Paracas National Park. It was pretty.
CevicheCeviche
Ceviche

Raw fish salad with lemon and onions. its actually really good.
Seafood riceSeafood rice
Seafood rice

And for the main course, all sorts of seafood mixed up with some rice. again, quite good.


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb