Last days in Cuzco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
January 17th 2005
Published: January 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Tom, the anticucho lady, and ITom, the anticucho lady, and ITom, the anticucho lady, and I

This fine woman treated us to some great llama heart meat on a stick with a big ass potato on the end. it was fabulous, and only 2 soles!
We left the inca trail and machu picchu very tired. we crashed in the hostel early.

strangely, i awoke the next day with a lot of energy and not terribly sore. we didnĀ“t get anything of substance accomplished besides meeting up with the british couple, james and susan, whom we met on the inca trail. we got lunch with them and that night went out for some drinking at the bars. again we took advantage of the free drink passes and got smashed. at one point we left a bar only to be accosted by a group of children, one of whom dug through my pockets and stole something out. i was livid, but kept myself under control as i grabbed his arm and snatched what turned out to be a free drink pass back. it seems that the plaza de armas is not the safest place to hang out at nighttime in cuzco.

we awoke to wonderful hangovers the next day and prepared to leave. cuzco was really a fabulous city. it is beautiful to see at night and is steeped in history. it even exceeded my lofty expectations.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Drinking with the BritsDrinking with the Brits
Drinking with the Brits

We met a cool british couple on the Inca Trail and we hooked up with them afterwards for some drinking and dancing on the town in cuzco


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.3kb