Paracas


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Paracas
June 13th 2009
Published: June 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Looking Down on HuacachinaLooking Down on HuacachinaLooking Down on Huacachina

From atop the sand dune, you can almost see the entire city of Huacachina.
Before leaving Huacachina this morning, Macayla and I chose to try and climb a sand dune and walk the top. We made it up to the top and were able to take some great pictures of Huacachina down below. Very beautiful. Huacachina was originally built for the Peruvian elite as a vacation location and now it is more of a backpacker hang-out.
Drove into Ica to catch a bus to Pisco and had to kill some time before the bus left. We went to the Plaza de Armas for some lunch and in the plaza they were having a mass wedding. It was pretty cool to witness. So many women dressed in white getting married one after the other. Macayla and I found it interesting and strange all at the same time. With the language barrier, we were unable to decipher why they were doing it this way. Oh well, fun to watch.
Took bus to Pisco and boy was that a mistake. I had my heart set on a particular place to stay in Pisco but when we got there it was absolutely awful. The whole town was under construction it seemed and it was dirty, under thick layers of
Struggling for the TopStruggling for the TopStruggling for the Top

Macayla is almost there.
dust and sand. No paved roads in the heart of town and many people living in extreme poverty. I did not feel comfortable and the taxi driver kept saying that he recommended that we stay in Paracas, the next town over. I was more than willing to go to Paracas especially since that was our destination for the island tours for the next day. I should have went there in the first place.
We are in a nice place very close to the beach and it has great beach views. We saw the great big pelicans and I was absolutely thrilled since that is not something you see everyday in Ohio. I cannot wait to go on the tour tomorrow so that I can get some pictures. Hopefully we will get to see penquins, dolphins, walrus, and many different birds like flamingos, pelicans, etc.
After the tour tomorrow, we may be leaving for Nazca if the bus schedule works in our favor.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Mass WeddingMass Wedding
Mass Wedding

Too many people trying to take a peek, canĀ“t really see the brides.
Bus Station AltarBus Station Altar
Bus Station Altar

Anytime you feel like praying.


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb