sand in ya pants!!!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Huacachina
December 11th 2006
Published: December 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We came here to go sand boarding, thats me hannah jonny and ian and bumped into george and paul who we met in bolivia. Stayed in a gorgeous hostal el huacachina which has sun loungers a pool and came complete with parrots and white rabbits that roamed around (so lots of entertainment for me as love mackaws and bunnys!) this place was cool as was in the middle of the huacachinas dunes and i mean litraly slap bang in there with a lagooner and oasis round the corner so it was a great place to chill after the antiocs of cuzco!

Going sand boarding was one of the best things ive done so far i reckon, sliding down mainly on my arse screaming my head off ...so much fun and even better if you were crap at the standing up bit there are massive dunes and you go down on the board on your front like you do when your 5 on your sledge...again screaming all the way! i can honestly say i had sand in every crook and cranny when we had finnished, whats more fun aswell is that you go in the dune buggys which fly over the dunes so its cross between going on a rollercoster and a crazy go cart ride too!

Loved it here chilling in the hammocks and watching the sunset voiver the desert.

Hannah and i took a day trip to the islas ballestas which is on the peruvian coast near to pisco, it was nearly a disaster as the bus didnt stop where it was supposed to drop us so went sailing by out departure point to the middle of nowhere, thankfully the ticket man got off the bus and waited wiuth us to get the back, thought we were gonna miss the boat as it goes early doors at about 7.30am so was giving up and going back to ica but the tour guide that was meeting us found us on the bus going home and hearded us at a million miles per hours to the boat where ofcourse everyone was waiting ...ooops...mental note must pay more attention on bus rides and make it clear even in spanglish or international sign language where we want to get off.

I had a great day cause ive never seen sea lions the wild, saw these massive birds with big beaks and penguins all over the rocks, even saw a dolphins on the way back, hannah was less impressed as slept most the trip and apparently there are seals and a friendly dolphins in ireland so probably wasnt so special...mental note again am not dragging hannah to see anymore wildlife!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

stretching befor the boarding!stretching befor the boarding!
stretching befor the boarding!

theres alot of weird stuff going on here trust me!
agian alot of weird stuffagian alot of weird stuff
agian alot of weird stuff

hannah paul jonny and george and ian...very crazy friends
oh and thats what you board downoh and thats what you board down
oh and thats what you board down

you can prob see why i was doing alot of screaming at this point!


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0736s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb