Loco for Llamas


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco
April 6th 2014
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -13.52, -71.99

Our luggage had to be out of the room by 8:00 so we could depart by 8:30. We drove through the Sacred Valley to Pisac where we went to the market for some shopping. We were each given 10 Soles to purchase a "white llama" gift for an exchange later in the trip. After about an hour of shopping we got back on the bus for a continued drive.

We made a short stop at the Awana Kancha Camelids Center where we got to feed llamas and Alpacas. We also had time to see many of the goods produced from their wool.

Then it we completed our ride into Cusco city. We learned that Cusco has a population of approximately half a million people. Our bus dropped us off right in the main square of Cusco. It is a beautiful , almost European city. We walked from the main square to lunch at a local restaurant called Sara. We had a buffet lunch and then walked to our hotel.

While in Cusco City we were staying at the Libertador Palacio del Inka Hotel. We learned that this hotel used to be an Incan structure that was later used by a wealthy family in Cusco before being turned into a hotel. It is only a short walk to the main square.

We had the afternoon to explore the city on our own. We went to the square, visited the Church there and explored a few shops.

Dinner was also on our own and we went to the Inka Grill for dinner.

After dinner several of us met up with Ernesto who took us on a “Haunted Cusco Tour”. We had a great time hearing stories about the “darker” side of Cusco.

When we finished, it was late and we went back to the hotel for bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.553s; Tpl: 0.056s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1088s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb