MACHU PICHU


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco
September 26th 2012
Published: September 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

25th September – Machu Pichu

Caught a bus up to Machu Pichu around 7am. Turned out to be the perfect time as by the time we got there the cloud had just about lifted and the sun was shining. Bit of a hair raising bus ride, better if you shut your eyes until you get to the top.

It’s true, words and pictures can’t describe this place. Absolutely unreal. Our guide took us on a tour for a couple of hours going from end of the site to the other and back pointing out lots of different things and the purpose of the buildings and everything. After that we had a few hours to just wander around. Pictures make this place look small but there is some serious step climbing to get from one point to another and it is very big. Of course I have the postcard picture as well as another hundred or so. All in all a truly amazing place. We all caught a bus back down to Agua Calientes to have lunch as we had to catch the train back to Ollantayambo at 2.30. Once we got to Ollantayambo our mini bus and driver were waiting for us to go back to Cusco for the night. We got to Cusco about 5.30 and went out for a great dinner where I actually managed to get a drink with all the ice I wanted. Haven’t managed to eat any guinea pig yet but hopeful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb